Root Canal Treatment, Khar Mumbai
If the first word that comes to your mind when you hear root canal is “PAIN”! Then you are totally misinformed and need to update your knowledge. As, the dentists have already discovered painless and more effective ways of root canal treatment. The treatment can now be delivered in about 2-3 visits to the dentist and you can return to savor your normal life again in about a week.
WHEN DO YOU NEED A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root canal treatment is required when the interior of the teeth has been infected with bacteria due to some reason like a deep cavity. It is recommended by a dentist only when the infection has been so severe that it is hazardous to the teeth and may lead to removal of the teeth. In this case, root canal treatment is the obvious and better choice.
WHAT DOES A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT TYPICALLY INVOLVE?
- Local anesthesia is administered to numb the tooth.
- The inside of the tooth is accessed through tools like a small drill. The diseased and damaged pulp is cleared away from inside the tooth using tools like files. An antimicrobial solution may also be used to kill away any remaining bacteria in order to prevent further infection.
- The chamber inside the tooth after thorough cleaning is now filled with a rubber like material called gutta percha. This is a temporary filling which will later be replaced by a permanent crown.
- If the dentist now feels that the treatment will be stable and there is no further danger, he or she will consider the treatment now to be successfully administered.
- A follow up with the dentist after the treatment is usually recommended to get an X Ray of the treated tooth and to be sure that the infection is really gone.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AFTER THE TREATMENT
After the treatment, it is extremely essential to take good care of your oral hygiene. It is also recommended to pay a visit to the dentist twice a year for checkup and examination. With a good care, the treatment can last for a very long time.
Come and experience first if it’s kind painless and precise root canal treatment in Mumbai at Sparsh Smiles.